1 abr 2012

Estos, ¿qué son y cómo se cocinan?


This is a question that I had on the tip of my tongue as I walked around Pro’s Ranch Market to conduct our third actividad de analisis. I talked with a number of different people as I did my shopping and tried to find things that were unusual to my eye. I saw a woman who was sheering nopales, and next to her there were some cooked nopales to sample and a huge sign that read “nopales.” I approached and said: “Buenas tardes, estos, ¿qué son?” After looking at me, glancing at the sign and looking back at me she said “son nopales,” her answered was followed by a “¿cómo?” “Nopales,” she said it slowly this time and in a raised voice. “Nopales, y ¿cómo se cocinan?” I repeated this method a number of times as I walked through the store and completed the activity. Overall, I thought the activity was fun, engaging, and got me out of my comfort zone. I look forward to taking a trip to El Mezquite o El Herradero! 

2 comentarios:

  1. Creo que en esta actividad de análisis aprendimos mucho más de lo que imaginábamos. Vas a tener que pasarnos las recetas de cómo preparar diferente comida :)

    Conmigo también fueron muy amables los trabajadores de la tienda. Uno de ellos tenia mucho trabajo y cuando le pregunté qué era lo que le mostraba, él no sabía y tuvo que ir a buscar el producto para decirme. Me sentí mal porque él estaba más preocupado que yo jeje pero en general fue una buena experiencia.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. hahaha.... That was hysterical man! Did you feel embarrassed at all because you looked foolish?

    ResponderBorrar